Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based, two-component, acrylic polymer/mineral resin system. The system is suitable for a wide range of casting and laminating applications where the end user wants to reduce the many risks associated with conventional solvent based systems. A range of ancillary products including decorative and functional fillers, control chemicals, pigments, and glass reinforcements are also provided making the material extremely versatile. The material is suitable for internal and external use, however if used externally a sealer or suitable paint system is recommended to protect surface appearance.
- Superior cast and glass reinforced mouldings
- Solvent free & no VOC’s
- Fire resistant
- Impact resistant
- Easy to use, adaptable material for all moulding applications.
- Suitable for decorative cast objects, mould cases, wall panels.
- Supplied with a range of ancillary products including glass reinforcements, pigments, fillers, and control chemicals to adapt the material to the widest range of applications.
- The ultimate chameleon material, can replicate virtually any surface, colour, or texture.
Mix ratio: 2.5:1 parts Base to Liquids ratio by weight
Wet density: 1845 kg/m³
Dry density: 1745 kg/m³
Initial set: 15 – 20 minutes (18°C, No Retarder)
Expansion on set: 0.15%
Compressive strength: 25 – 30 MPa
Tensile strength (UTS): 25 – 35 Mpa
Bending elastic limit (LOP): 15 – 20 Mpa
Bending strength (MOR): 50 – 65 Mpa
Youngs Modulus: 5 – 6 Mpa
Impact strength (Charpy): 30 KJ/m²
Moisture movement: <1%
Fire resistance: B.S.476 Part 6&7 – Class ‘O’
Freeze/Thaw resistance: Excellent – Test specimens undamaged
Wet/Dry 50 cycles: Test specimens undamaged
Jesmonite AC100 Liquid should be used within twelve months and Jesmonite Base should be used within nine months from the date displayed on the packaging.